Senior Information and Referral Specialist
SUMMARY: Oversee and respond daily to consumer, professional, affiliate and internal staff inquiries regarding epilepsy received via toll-free line, fax, e-mail, eCommunities Forums, walk-ins and written correspondence. Supervise information specialists, providing coaching and mentoring to achieve consistent and professional responses to all inquiries. Core work involves obtaining sensitive information from requestors, engaging in a professional needs assessment, and providing the most appropriate responses utilizing the Foundation's proprietary educational resources, referral resource database, National Epilepsy Library (NEL) database and other Foundation print and online resources. Manage complex inquiries and crisis calls as appropriate. Support the Communications Department in responding to inquires from Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites. Keep abreast of developments in the field of epilepsy by reading pertinent publications, performing online resource searches, attending professional conferences and workshops, and by participating in health fairs as an exhibitor. Manage contract for the Spanish Language Information Service. Support the Foundation to achieve and maintain accreditation with the Alliance for Information and Referral Systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Responsible for call statistics, call monitoring, and analyzing call metrics for monthly one-on-one meetings with each Information Specialist.
- Assist Director to define new quality indicators, set expectations, and put processes in place for outcome measurements.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and modeling of the professional handling of inquiries.
- Provide monthly report to Director on department's performance.
- Ensure compliance with I&R protocols and guidelines in the provision of information and with specified guidelines established by the Foundation's medical and legal advisors for the provision of information.
- Ensure that sensitive, concise, accurate and timely information is provided in response to all inquiries received.
- Respond to quality of life related inquiries including, but not limited to, the following topics: medical assistance and referrals to specialists, treatment options, financial assistance, vocational training, employment assistance, psychosocial needs/support groups, legal rights issues/advocacy, and continuing education, self-management tools, as well as locating appropriate community resources, including Epilepsy Foundation affiliates.
- Ensure essential requestor demographic information is entered into the inquiry tracking database to facilitate rapid, accurate, comprehensive statistical reporting and data transfer.
- Oversee the maintenance and updating of a comprehensive referral resource database of contact information.
- Assist Director in identifying the need for new documents, or updates of existing documents, that for creation and Professional Advisory Board approval.
- Attend content-specific conferences, symposia or technical training programs for professional development.
- Engage in crisis assessment and referral as appropriate.
- Provide guidance to Information Specialists in crisis intervention in response to consumer emergencies.
- Undertake special projects as assigned by Director.
- Meet with staff/supervisors on a regular basis to discuss making changes in the dissemination of daily workload and for implementation of new departmental policies.
- Develop and implement training for staff and consumers through Webinars, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Assist in handling inquiries or concerns from the National Center for Farmworker Health contract to provide Spanish language services.
Supervision of Information Specialists
- Masters degree in social work, nursing, or other social service field is preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- A minimum of 5 years working in a clinical mental health, information and referral, or crisis hotline environment providing assessment, case management and referral services.
- Supervisory experience
- Spanish language proficiency a plus
- Knowledge of health information systems and call center experience
- Certified Information Specialist (CIRS) designation through the Alliance for Information and Referral Systems a plus.
- Knowledge of epilepsy, including nature of the disease, symptoms, and treatment and effects on persons with epilepsy and their families.
- Ability to exercise tact and sensitivity in dealing with persons making inquiries about epilepsy.
- Experience with developing and implementing satisfaction surveys and quality assurance evaluations.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume in to email@example.com. Please include salary requirement. No phone calls please.