Review of General Legal Resources
Resources for Individuals with Epilepsy Experiencing Discrimination
- Questions and Answers about the IDEA (PDF) - National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
- Frequently Asked Questions about Section 504 and the Education of Children with Disabilities - Office of Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education
- Information on Filing a Complaint of Discrimination - Office of Civil Rights of the U.S. Department of Education
- Auxiliary Aids and Services for Postsecondary Students with Disabilities - U.S. Department of Education
- Links to Resources on Federal Laws Impacting the Rights of Students with Disabilities - National Information Center for Children and Youth with Disabilities
Employment ( ADA Title I)
- Ideas for Writing an Accommodation Request Letter (PDF) - Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Summary of How the Courts Have Interpreted the ADA (PDF) - Equip for Equality
- Filing an ADA Employment Discrimination Charge: Tips and Advice - National Mental Health Information Center
- Q&As About Epilepsy in the Workplace and the ADA - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Opinion Letter on Permissible Medical Inquiries (PDF) - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Discusses permissible medical inquiries for employees experiencing seizures on the job, and employers' duty to provide alternative transportation to a work site for an employee prohibited from driving due to recent seizures.
- Guidance for Job Applicants - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Enforcement Guidance on Reasonable Accommodation and Undue Hardship - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Enforcement Guidance on Disability-Related Inquiries and Medical Examinations of Employees - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Guidance on the Rights of Disabled Employees - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Fact Sheet on how to File a Charge of Discrimination - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Fact Sheet on the Processing of Discrimination Charges - Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Public Accommodations and State and Local Governmental Programs (ADA Titles II and III)
- Title II Complaint Form - U.S. Department of Justice
- Instructions on How to File a Title III Complaint - U.S. Department of Justice
- Commonly Asked Questions about Child Care Centers and the ADA - U.S. Department of Justice
General ADA Resources
- Disability Information - a comprehensive Federal website of disability-related government resources.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) - Federal agency that enforces the employment provisions of the ADA
- Job Accommodation Network - The Job Accommodation Network (JAN) is a service of the Office of Disability Employment Policy of the Department of Labor. JAN is a free consulting service that provides information about job accommodations, the ADA, and the employability of people with disabilities.
- U.S. Department of Labor – Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) - ODEP, formerly the President's Committee on the Employment of People with Disabilities, is a federal agency in the Department of Labor established in 2001. Congress approved ODEP to provide leadership to increase employment opportunities for adults and youth with disabilities.
- U.S. Department of Justice - The ADA section provides a wealth of guidance on the ADA and links to federal agencies with responsibility for enforcing a variety of disability laws
- U.S. Department of Transportation - The U.S. Department of Transportation enforces ADA Title II provisions relating to public transportation.