- So far, more than 250 people have participated in the program nationwide.
- In 2012, more than 175 sessions were held, with an average of seven or eight sessions conducted in each location across the country.
- When asked, an overwhelming majority of participants say they found the program valuable and would recommend the program to others with similar needs.
Feedback for the Studio Eprogram has been overwhelmingly positive, with 96% of participants stating that they agree or strongly agree that they found the program valuable and would recommend the program to others with similar needs. Additionally, over 80% of participants provided positive feedback on the various elements of the program, most notably praise for program facilitators, willingness to engage, increased self-expression and increased confidence level. The primary issues people mentioned in their feedback were extending the number and length of sessions and transportation difficulties.
The majority of participants in the Studio E programs across the country expressed that they:
- Enjoyed the program and found it to be a valuable experience
- Would recommend the program to others with similar needs
- Felt more confident
- Indicated improved social skills
Throughout the program Studio E participants, art therapists, Epilepsy Foundation representatives and others have reported positive outcomes after each art therapy program. These accounts indicate the program has helped people with epilepsy express difficult feelings, gain comfort engaging with others and build confidence. Inspired by positive feedback and results, we will work together to conduct research about the impact of the Studio E program on its participants in 2013.
Studio E Artwork helps raise epilepsy awareness and lends insights into what it's like to have epilepsy. View a gallery here: http://www.yourpartnerinepilepsy.com/gallery.aspx.