Direct Response Manager
Reporting to the Director of Donor Services and Annual Giving, the Direct Response Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operation to acquire and, more importantly, cultivate and retain donors who give annual gifts under $2,500.He or she will be expected to understand the performance and needs of these donors, communicate superbly with colleagues, business partners and supporters, think strategically, make recommendations, offer creative solutions and develop systems to continually grow and improve the program.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of progressive experience working in direct response fundraising or marketing.S/he should have a proven record of building a successful program, be a self-starter with a strong ability to work as part of a team, be optimistic and enthusiastic, have a willingness to pitch in and do whatever is needed to help the direct response program succeed, and have a genuine desire to pursue a fundraising career with the Epilepsy Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help to develop and implement strategies for acquiring, reinstating, cultivating, and retaining low/mid dollar range donors whose highest contribution is under $2,500;
- Lead and manage all scheduled mailings within the development office, including supervising major gift and planned gift appeals;
- Review direct response copy and artwork to meet campaign objectives as well as brand, legal and financial requirements;
- Oversee the quality assurance procedures for all low/mid-dollar campaigns;
- Evaluate list of mail plans to ensure that the best donor audiences are selected for each campaign;
- Review production set-ups and vendor expense authorizations, and obtain approvals from supervisor when required;
- Regularly monitor performance of direct mail and telemarketing campaigns, identify problems and recommend solutions to supervisor;
- Oversee the Epilepsy Foundation annual staff giving campaign;
- Perform other duties and handle special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus minimum 3 years progressive direct response fundraising experience with multi-million dollar annual programs (non-profit experience preferred);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Extensive knowledge of key contacts and trends in the industry;
- Establish comprehensive infrastructure to support a successful federated program;
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to work productively in a fast-paced, detail oriented, flexible and collaborative environment, and the ability to manage a multi-faceted workload;
- Excellent computer skills: in-depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and email/internet software – experience and understanding of fundraising software is a plus (Raiser's Edge, Convio, iMIS, SalesForce);
- Enthusiasm, optimism, creativity and willingness to work as part of a team are essential.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include salary requirement. No phone calls please.