Social Media Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Manager of Program Communications
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for helping oversee, create content for, and execute the Epilepsy Foundation's social media strategy. This includes coordinating the social media presence on epilepsy.com and the Foundation's social media channels and working with the affiliate network to ensure continuity of messages. The Social Media Coordinator will research and recommend best practices to stay current with social media trends and technology. The Social Media Coordinator will also work with affiliate personnel to assist in their social media content. In addition, the Social Media Coordinator will assist with the creation of rich media content (such as graphics and video) for the website and social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Communications team to develop and execute the Foundation's social media content strategy in alignment with its overall messaging and strategic direction.
- Provide recommendations on social media campaigns that support the Foundation's mission to raise awareness about epilepsy and seizures and to provide support to people living with epilepsy and their caregivers.
- Work with the Communications team to develop and execute social media messaging that support the Foundation's programs and services.
- Provide recommendations and support to affiliate network for social media content in support of overall Foundation messaging strategies.
- Research latest social media technology trends in order to keep the Foundation's social media footprint current.
- Prepare analytical reports on the Foundation's social media trends and user patterns and make recommendations to continually grow our social media presence, engage the public and epilepsy community, and further the Foundation's mission to raise awareness.
- Create a semi-monthly newsletter for the affiliate network to highlight social media strategy elements and best practices.
- Assist in monitoring community commentary on epilepsy.com and report on trending topics.
- Assist in monitoring social media platforms and respond as appropriate to questions and feedback.
- Graphic design work for website and social media posting.
- Video production and editing for website and social media posting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Intimate knowledge of social media strategies, trends and best practices.
- Graphic design and video production and editing skills preferred
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
- Visionary Skills - Proactive approach to future planning and opportunity.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and get clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies written style to meet needs.
- Technology - Utilizes technology effectively to reach target audience through multiple venues to include social media outlets.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness with a penchant for detail.
- Adaptability - Adapts to and embraces change in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit situation; Able to manage frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Resourcefulness - Exhibits independent, effective problem solving techniques and abilities.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Creativity - Applies creative flair to design elements and messaging mediums
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.